Google

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

You have missed an opportunity

Welcome to Applebee's how can I help you.
Today the library got pagers. These are for the people who would rather not have to sit and watch the LED screen that's nearby the 26 computers to see when their numbers come up for them to use the Internet. Now instead, they can sit and watch their pagers, because they are not going to browse, they are not going to read books or take items out, they are just going to wait, and maybe go to the bathroom and drop one of them in the toilet.
In theory this may have been a good idea, but when you work with the public every day, you kind of get a sense of their motivation and desires; also their level of hygiene comes to mind, so handling an object that actually will soon be lost or left in a pocket gets a little yucky when you think about it. Actually the one thing that irks me about this is that we didn't know. Around a year ago there was mention of the possibility, I have a vague recollection of that. But this morning when the lacking in communication skills whatsoever ITD guys came in to "train us" on using our new tools, it was the first mention; and I did canvas my fellow staff so I'm not being my usual resistant self. Do you want fries with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home