Google

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Look all around

I did a little inventory on the way into work today, reflected on some of the things that appear to be recurring. A lifetime, if you will, of repetitive thoughts and behaviors. The actual genesis of the memory came when I was thinking about how we've moved a few times in the last ten years and how that has affected the boys. Actually they are not boys anymore. Gus is 18 today, and therefore I have two adult children.
I'd love to be able to tell them that now that they are adults, things will become more clear and the path will be laid out before them. Alas, and it should be obvious, none of that has been the case for their father or I. We are both continually struggling with identity and figuring out how to manage ourselves and our family. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing to have to continually reassess. I like that we develop as individuals and that coincides with our relationship. But, how much do we need to grow and when is it going to stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home