Google

Saturday, June 19, 2010

A hole in your old brown overcoat

So many things to talk about, so little time to sit and have a moment to reflect.
There are some light and airy moments to last week, and then there is the darkness. I guess it's always there but is much better hidden in the summer months, it can barely keep up.
We went to see Toy Story 3 yesterday, which I reluctantly agreed to but am so, yes, I'll say it grateful I went. It was heartbreaking and not in the Disney I just got manipulated way ,just in a what matters the most kind of mode.
And with that, I think about my sons, all of them complicated . We couldn't foresee any different, as Eamon and I are a molten mess of neurosis and OCD. Should we have expected a group of varnished and well adjusted youth? Ultimately we didn't think about it, we just did our best and our worst, as all parents do.. Yes, I've said it, even mine. Sure they really could have done better, shown a modicum of interest in taking care of my basic needs when I was young. But, with what they had, they gave it their best shot as well. Okay so I guess that means I've traversed another level of maturity or growth, yet I still find myself looking in the mirror at a child in an adult's body, wondering when the coming mash up will appear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home