Google

Monday, May 24, 2010

Crushed my groove

This weekend was a full on good cultural, and financially crippling good time. The clash or divergent experience of going from the Hessler street fair to the Asian festival was only eclipsed by the fact that last week I had been to the Hooley in a predominately Irish neighborhood, and it was basically the same as the festival, but with more beer and less Szechwan.
The fiscal undermining came with Eamon's car dying and having to buy one and make it quick.
Someone asked me after we'd bought the new car, had I checked the Blue Book value to see if we were being taken for a ride, and I answered meekly that I had not. I realized then that I look that kind of thing up all the time at my job, that an ample part of my day is spent helping people find deals, information, and resources. Yet, I didn't do any of that, I just went along in my passive, no wait, in my antipathetic way expecting the worst, and strangely enough, getting it.