Google

Sunday, May 02, 2010

I'm just looking for

My old man is a temporary federal employee. He trained most of last week to be a Census worker to round up the roughly 20% of the people who did not send theirs in from our district.
That's actually a pretty low number compared to other communities where it's as high as 70%. So, because he was just a minute or two away from home, he and I got to have lunch together a bunch of times. I know couples who do this a lot, but it's a completely new experience for us to see each other in the middle of the day when we are neither grumpy from just getting up or worn out.
It's just for about a month and a half, but so far there's been a huge payoff in just the stories and experiences from some of the participants, of course, he can't share any of those because he has sworn an oath. But, I can tell just by looking at him; the twinkle in his eye, spring in his step, he's earning every penny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home