Google

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Only to trip

If I remember correctly, there was a course in the social work department at CWRU that talked about how rolling your eyes at or about a client was much more complicated than just the action. I've been seeing a lot of action lately, and I have to say that to me, the person making the motion or scoffing at someone looks really nuts. I know that the behavior is kind of like code to spouse, friend or coworker, but I still attempt to avoid doing it and or acknowledging when someone does it in my direction, especially at work.
I know that it's an acceptable form of affiliation, but recently a friend was trying to engage me in the practice when I really wasn't feeling it. So am I then to just roll them in solidarity or give a knowing look, when I really don't.
What I do know, is that there is no we when it comes to assessing. It only affords us to align ourselves with someone when they are with us, later, there are no rules as to whether you become the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home