Google

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

One with no doubt

Way too much death around here lately, and it has nothing to do with the backyard. Last week Eamon's uncle, who lived in Canada died. There is a new chapter in my life, and it's called; "What happens when someone dies in another country and their family want him to be buried here." Well, it takes about a week to get everything worked out. The the funeral was yesterday, which is also the day a friend of mine, who was diagnosed with a terminal illness weeks after he retired, passed away. I started baking after that news, not for his wife because I'm sure she's well stocked, but because I just had to function, just keep myself busy with measuring and physical stuff.
I've been trying not to anaesthetise myself of late, that can include candy and gum for me, which when I say that it sounds so irrelevant, but it's not, sugar is my my go to source of any comfort and numbing. I'm trying to let as much of that go as possible , and just let it all sit with me. Nice timing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home