Google

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Two paperback books

My parents moved into a small apartment earlier this year, which considerably limited their storage space. Subsequently, I received a few boxes in the mail, one including my very Great Expectations-esque wedding dress, in other words, it hadn't been stored well so it was moth eaten, sun damaged and pretty sad. In addition, I got a large box full of cassette tapes from my radio program on WCSB. I thought I already had a lot of tapes but apparently, I really had a keen sense of documentation and or tapes were cheap back then, because there are a lot in there.
Now, I have mixed feelings about listening to these. On one side of the scale, I do like the music, and see a real progression in my skills, moods and general state of mind about the world, music and unfortunately as a bi-product, relationships. It's pretty embarrassing to think that someone or some people might have been able to get something from what songs I was playing. But, as I've noticed with lots of people in their late teens or early twenties; not as sharp as they (we) would like to think. I don't hearken back at those days as any better or worse than they actually were, but what I do know, is that I am the same as I always was, just a little more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home