Google

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Taking what they're giving

Yesterday, Gus needed the car in order to drive his new lady friend around, so Eamon graciously, well not actually, it was more begrudgingly, took the bus and was late for work. I offered to come pick him up at the end of the day and on the way decided to stop at the new Marc's to get some necessities. Unbeknownst to me, it was the grand opening, which is like telling a certain population of people that Dale Earnhardt is coming back to make an in store appearance. So, we went in, and it was difficult to maneuver but not as bad as one might imagine; until, I saw a library customer and he asked me if I was "working at this one now?" As in, had I changed store locations. And I said, "You know me from the library, not here." Which he was realizing simultaneously. But, that's not the point, the focus of this is ,that he saw me as someone who might work at a deep discount store and equated my job with that one. I have truly made it, I have had such an enormous effect on people with my mad research skillz that they don't know if they're shopping for new and exciting things or learning them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home