Google

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bit by bit

It's taking me a lot longer to recover from this knee thing than I had imagined. I thought I would spring back but alas, I'm like a slinky that gets a bit tangled and then is basically worthless.
While I was idle, I watched a bunch of movies, few of which I remember. I did however see one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Che, which initially was going to be an obligatory watch, not only surprised me with a completely different approach to telling an epic story, but was so reflective of current events, I actually became, albeit mildly, inspired.
It's a small, quiet movie, incremental in both presentation of the progress of the revolution and in the revelations about the man. What I garnered most from this movie, was the basis for any revolution should be public health and the lack thereof, and literacy.
The choke hold that business and politically motivated interest groups have on health and education are insurmountable but luckily or stubbornly, people keep trying.
It's not a matter of admiring or identifying with the Cuban revolution, what the movie chronicles is the notion of being heroic for small and meaningful sacrifices rather than huge and bloated antics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home