Google

Friday, August 21, 2009

Come with me and escape

District 9 I could just leave it at that, but I would be getting off too easy. No stars, not very pretty people. An unknown director, never jumped the shark, didn't pander to LCD, didn't use CGI like a teenage boy with a new bottle of axe.
I haven't seen many of the summer movies this year, and it could be an age thing or perhaps I'm just done with the requisite boom-boom. It's not as if the pretty people of Hollywood can't act, I just watched 17 Again, and remembered that Zac Efron is talented, So is Brad Pitt, he's amazing in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. But there's so much detritus attached to these people, I was so in to this movie, and most of that had to do with not having to pretend I didn't know who I was watching, because in this case, I really didn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home