Google

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Love to town

I was reading clepunk yesterday and went back a few weeks on the bathroom wall to find a discussion of shows that were certainly memorable and for various reasons. One that lives in infamy, for me at least, was the Gun Club at David Goode's.
We were standing up near the right side of the stage; it was my boyfriend, and myself and my friend Glen. One of us noticed a case of Michelob Dark, or as I like to call it; beer with brown food dye. Anyway, realizing it was obviously there for us, we began to drink it. I don't remember if I actually had more than one, but a dent was made. During the show, Glen said to us, "this here is ugly music and I like pretty music". And history was made in that moment, in that ugly music was basically what I played on my show so why not give it the name it deserved; Spunky and Peeper's Ugly music was born. After Paul and I broke up, it was just Ugly Music but without Glen's astute evaluation of what we were listening to, I don't know if it could have ever been that succinct otherwise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

As I recall, the pretty music he specifically extolled as the antidote to Gun Club was Love Tractor. Said if we listened to Love Tractor and didn't like them, we could punch him in the face.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home