Google

Thursday, August 21, 2008

I play my part

Trying to impart wisdom without looking like a geek; a rough road if you don't want to cry, and then in the midst of that attempting to figure out if the tears are hormonal or just really about the subject.

In this case, Stephanie Tubbs Jones; she died of an aneurysm yesterday. I don't know anything about her personal life, except that she liked to cook.

What I do know is that she represented a group, not a specific one, but the idea of a community advocate who is both a person of color and a female making it to Washington, going against the system and the tide, is what she represents for me, and countless others.

So, I schooled jack this morning, he in his new emo lite clothes and his nervous back to school energy. I let him know that something had transpired and he and I needed to take notice, and acknowledge the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home