Google

Monday, August 18, 2008

Have I got a little story for you

Reflecting on the anniversary of my pretty severe illness of two years ago, I've been thinking about what a profound effect the event had on my life, and all of the changes that have taken place since.

Obviously there are the physical changes; I chose to become physically stronger and betterer, and then the ones that are not so apparent; I am happy and relieved to wake up every morning. Really; it was that bad.

I'm able to put some things in perspective that I couldn't before, such as not achieving all of the things I'd planned, but at least pushing some limits I'd set for some arbitrary and random reason. And last, though I'm still huge spaz as this story illustrates; a nice looking fellow who frequents my library, said goodbye to me the other night, and I looked up and said, "good", and then looked back down; so that hasn't changed, but my appreciation for the fact that I will always be a strange combination of talkative and pathologically shy is renewed and applied on a daily basis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home