Google

Friday, July 25, 2008

Past resignation

I love Dave Grohl, he's funny, irreverent, intelligent and there is a Foo Fighters song that is one of my favorites of all time. But, to have to go and and see him at Arena Rock central. No, but yes unfortunately.
Sunday the Gusser turns 16 and he is a big fan so I will not let him down, and I will take him, but it's with remorse and reluctance. Not all of the reasons have a thing to do with me. I remember so many concerts in that sort of setting, and I know how unsatisfying it is to be one person in the thousands, and to see someone perform, who you really like,and not even be able to see a little bit. Sure I could have gone and gotten better tickets for the a huge sum, but even then the experience is a sterile one.
Maybe it's just me, perhaps Gus doesn't care how he sees them, just as long as he does. but, two weeks ago I stood right in front of the stage at the Black Angels, and years ago I made a vow to myself that the only way I would go to shows is if I could be that close. So, I guess I'm waiting in the car for this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home