Google

Saturday, July 12, 2008

I'm already there

I made soylent green for breakfast this morning. I wasn't going to eat it, but I needed to make room in the freezer and it had been sitting in there for more than a year so I figured I would try and pull it off in hopes that one of the boyos would partake. There is no other description I can give to this stuff, except maybe if there was a dog treat that was bacon themed.
Jack is on the road with my Sister, Brother in-law, their two sons and a standard poodle; in a Prius. They are driving to California, and taking the long way. He was having some trouble the first few nights, perhaps due to the shortness on oxygen or room in the car, but seems to be managing now. I explained to him that embracing the homesickness, might not be a bad idea, . I remember fighting that feeling, and then you just get wrapped up in trying to contain it which is an enormous undertaking; to attempt to keep the tears and subsequent sobs at bay.
The thing about the feeling, is it's not really about home nor is it a sickness, it's more of a physical reaction to not being with your pack or clan, or even just another person that has the right smells and sounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home