Google

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Foolish people do

Eamon and I ate out together last night, one day shy of twenty years. I picked the Establishment as is my want. We went to a new restaurant, a French Bistro , Tartine, smack in the middle of the Rocky Riviera.
I jest, it really is a lovely space, I never noticed the building before, it's red brick, rustic and just one of those very well put together spaces.
We sat outside and ate, it's a small and crowded area. I may have never mentioned, that my husband is a bit on the giant side, though I rarely notice anymore, but folding himself into small wrought iron chairs can be a bit of a challenge. He's also kind of squirrely when it comes to sitting still for long, so as we were finishing are somewhat perfect meal, a women from the table next door looked over at him, with nothing less than disdain and with the hypercritical attention of a Mohel, and said to him; "that's so loud." I realized he had been tapping his foot on the ground for a few seconds, and it was so not loud nor was it for any length of time. However he stopped and apologized, while I, instead of feeling sheepish or shamed, replayed the moment in the movie In Bruges, where Colin Farrell and his amazing acting super self, punched a woman in a restaurant in the face for coming at him with a bottle. When I said; "wasn't that great when he punched that woman in the face?"
Silence except for the tinkle of the glass, and the polite conversation far over on the other side. I broke it with, "in that movie last night." But, you know I really don't' think people should be bothered by the smallest most nothing things and feel obliged to comment or judge. So, I had my say and I don't regret it, just the two four dollar bottles of Pelligrino.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home