Google

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The dice were loaded

Romeo and Juliet were huge fucking assholes. They weren't star crossed lovers, the were two selfish teenagers who wanted what they wanted at their respective families expense or else they would kill themselves.
I know this now, and I wish I didn't; I wish that I could watch Teenage movies and think boy these two really belong together, but what you don't see, is that they have the opportunities they have because they're doing it on their parents, or guardians, backs, that others are just trying to make it through the day and are working hard, while the two frolic and play away.
I wonder now, about how William Shakespeare meant for us to think about this story; I realize he knew the multiple perspectives one might have at different points and junctures in life and how that effects your view of the story; and it may seem simple but it's pretty cool to know mine is not the only HFA walking around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home