Google

Friday, August 08, 2008

All wrapped up

Fleet Foxes have out My Morning Jacketed My Morning Jacket. As Evil Urges is an interesting stretch for Jim James and the fellas, it doesn't quite hit that other worldly, outside of the realm of ordinary note, but the self titled FF album fills the void.
At first, I'm always surprised by the similar sounding nature of a scene, like; can't they come up with something different. But when I actually like something a lot, I don't tend to be quite so judgmental.
Any way you slice it, it's good music to rock me gently to sleep, until I realize somehow the clock radio got set on repeat and I end up sleep/awake dreaming of ethereal places like a marsh with diorama animals and fish that are frozen in place for me to trip over, literally.

1 Comments:

Blogger Red Sled Rider said...

Abby! We (Susan and George) agree exactly about FF!!! Love them...G says you are one of his biggest musical influences anyway, so it's no wonder we're all on the same page.

We're also listening to the Sadies right now and Cave Singers!

we keep readin' the blog! fun w/the O'Neils!!

xo,
susan & geo

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home