Google

Friday, October 05, 2007

That's the end of the joke

In honor of Breast Cancer awareness month I'm doing my part with a nice case of pink eye. It looks so much nicer then those little ribbons. I jest of course. I know that at times humor is my only resource whether I'm tense, sick, just being funny or nervous, it's always going to be the automatic response in most situations. I went to Jack's school to pick up his homework as he is also feeling viral. When I went into the office, or lion's den rather, there was a pile of books that equaled k2 at the least. So as I was walking over towards it, I exclaimed, "Oh my." And the Secretary whom I've trained to greet me with a friendly demeanor ever since I wrote to the vice principle about how she scowled at kids and parents alike as they asked for any sort of information, she said, "Don't be alarmed, he might only need one of two of them but we get all of the books out of the locker just in case." My response was "Thanks, I guess." And she proceeded to guffaw as if I'd actually meant to make a joke, which I indeed had not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home