Google

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

That don't right the wrong

Atonement is a complicated issue, though it's really not. I don't thing that reflection should be underestimated in it's worth, and that's how I view trying to inventory one's transgressions and potential for change. Eamon and I often discuss how it seems that people continue to make the same mistakes yet expect different results. It's not stupidity, it's hope that some how the outcome will be altered. I don't think there are sins, I do however know that behavior can and will make life more or less bearable. I'm all for the, let's take a few hours or days and see where we went wrong or right over the last year summary.
I remember this morning six years ago all to well, and as I discuss the day with my friends at work, and my husband on the phone, I recognize that macro-rumination is often degraded by bullshit and blather about nations, and strength, and sacrifice. No, I think just letting things be is often the best response, as whist as that might sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home