Google

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Nothing that I would not try

A coda if you will, but I will digress for one moment and say that Diane Arbus could have made a career with a series of photographs just from my job.
Back to the point of the matter; duplicitous behavior has become something that I would like to abstain from. I tried to muster a picture of someone I knew who did not talk about others in a way that would either be construed as treacherous or at the least, sharing too much information about personal issues. No such individual exists. So, this is what I aspire to; that I will not say or do anything that I wouldn't say or do in front of the person being discussed. It's probably not possible. How many times have I walked away from a situation with friend, spouse, child, parent, and picked up the phone to tell someone about the asshole I've just been dealing with who also happens to be my ________.
But, why not try. I know that I don't like overhearing, or being told that I'm the subject of negative or judgemental denunciations yet I participate in the behavior. Maybe there is a reason for venting, and there are moments when relationships become intolerable, yet I can't help feeling as if something is being betrayed whether it be on the receiving or sending end of a comment. Banzai!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home