Google

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Be on my side

What can I say about Kalahari waterpark, besides for, I made a big splash. It really was an amazing experience, once you get past the din, roar and constant high pitched screaming, and that was just Jack as he and I flew down one of the many water slides. They are all enclosed, so for me that was a difficult letting go, because I really could not tell if it was going to be a horror show or perhaps a mild and calming experience. Waterparks, are the equivalent to antidepressants for Midwestern children. They are popping up in states that have long and dreadful winters, and make it possible to spend tons of money instead of going to the Y and just swimming for a few hours. The key to these resorts is the constant state of chaos, noise and not knowing which door or elevator will get you back to the place you intended. One of the shining moments of our day trip, was me falling out of an inner tube on the "Lazy River"it hearkened back to my childhood days of smoking pot and listening to Neil Young.

1 Comments:

Blogger Red Sled Rider said...

isn't the kahalari a desert? is the waterpark being intentionally ironic?

we love the blog, ab, read it all the time.

saw j&b and entourage two weekends ago. they came down to long beach to consult on our kitchen remodel. good times.

g&s

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home