Google

Monday, June 18, 2007

Put it in neutral

When I was young I remember seething with anger and frustration about countless injustices.
Today, I'm feeling that again and even with my matured mindset I want to explode.
I was listening to Jack and Gus play a board game, which was their last resort once I had taken everything else away; so they were each being inflexible and difficult. There was no fun being had, and it was a game.
When Gus was young, and Jack slept for twenty minute intervals for two years which left me somewhat drained, I would rest on the couch and we would "play" Chutes and Ladders. What this consisted of was Gus making the moves for both of us and me adding a participatory grunt of interest every few minutes while I dozed. Now that, is the kind playing strategy and low key competition I can be down with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home