Google

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Time descends on me

In conjunction with the full moon, the heat is all Tennessee Williams and shit. It's the kind of hot that makes you want to talk with a drawl, and sit in a flowery dress amongst the gladiolas and Lilies. Okay maybe not, but it sure doesn't give me any desire to get my vegetable garden weeded, or do anything that would make my skin stick to a surface.

When I was young, I had horrible insomnia, especially in the summer months. I would lay awake, sometimes watch TV if I could muster the energy to go down and watch the slim pickings that were available late at night.

Last night Jack, who is once again experiencing a fast and uncomfortable heartbeat, could not sleep, so I gave him my most secret weapon for attempted peaceful slumber. I told him to switch positions and sleep at the other end of his bed, nary a sound was heard after that, because it is the last resort and it does work, but you can't do it early in the game or it looses it's value and effect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home