Google

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

About that place

I've been dishonest; with myself and readers. I don't want to work with the public anymore, the unknown element of what is in store with each encounter is becoming increasingly negative and basically unnerving.
I'm tired of being called names, sighed on scowled and leered at. Sure it happens to all of us here and probably everywhere people come together, but the scales have tipped with the encounters that are negative far outweighing the ones that are normal or routine. The new normal is not at all commonplace or standard, it's fucked up and crazy, which leaves us all feeling a little worn and chafed. Jack said to me, when I told him I was thinking of a career change, "but what about all the cool stuff you bring home?" And my response, "we are still allowed to go to the library, even if I don't work there." But of course, we will be civilians which changes the dynamic and means saying goodbye to the velvet rope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home