Google

Friday, May 04, 2007

Circumstance beyond our control

There is awkward and then there is AWKWARD, the latter of which I had a lovely experience with this week, and this brings to mind how candid am I really, with my blog readers and myself.
Join me will you; Every two weeks, I have my house cleaned by a service. I used to have Nellie and Art come out when we lived in the country. They had a farm, raised horses and goats, made cheese and soaps and cleaned houses on the side. Then they kind of began to feel a little more diversified than was desirable so they decided to give up the cleaning portion of their show. So, I found "a service". Most of the time it's two gals, one who comes regularly with a myriad of partners, because I'm guessing they don't take home a large portion of the huge sum I pay for the mediocre job they do. Wednesday morning I was getting ready for work and I saw them arrive and park in the driveway, I ran down so I could ask them to move the car before they got all settled in, and I got outside and froze just like the little squirrels do before people roll over their heads, and there was my sister-in law, equally frozen, more like a deer because she is quiet tall after all, and she said "Did I tell you I got a second job?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home