Google

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Something in me

I've been in the market for humus. So, I made some calls, waited and got no return. I'm used to that because no one calls me back. I don't have a complex about it, I've just come to accept that I don't really play a huge role in any one's life, except a select few, and that's fine and dandy.
Ray called me back twice, with a tired voice late last night and then early this morning, and we bartered over dirt and he delivered. During the negotiation, he asked if I wanted four cubic yards, and I said no, that my husband would kill me if I got that much I just wanted two. So when he got here with like eight, and came out apologizing about how the guy loaded too much and let him have it for the same price as two, I made him stop and wait and tell Eamon so I would not pay the price with hours of bitching. Eamon, Gus, Jack and I with a brief visit from Jake before he went to the mall with friends, shoveled for hours, in the hot sun. When I couldn't lift my arms anymore, I knew we'd reached our quota for the day, and that after twenty years together, my old man can still pull it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home