Google

Monday, June 25, 2007

Look me in the eye

I made some art over the weekend. I've been planning it for weeks. I had purchased an old cigar box and knew that I wanted to make a collection, assemblage if you will. And then it begins. I couldn't quite find the right background, so I kept ripping them off and starting over. Then when I did find the picture that worked, I cut it too narrow. And, so on; I talk to myself, knowing there is the part that can't actually be satisfied with the effort. That like the one epic poem I wrote, I can never get out into the world the ideas that I want to create in a tactile form. Eventually, it came together and I like it. But, is it as I imagined? Not even close, nothing ever is, so I wonder, when do I try not to live up to the standard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home