Google

Saturday, June 10, 2006

your place or mine

Tonight Eamon and I will be attending a 30th anniversary party for a friend of his from work,
its the "pearl" anniversary if anyone was wondering. Not an easy find that one, I ended up getting a picture frame with mother of pearl something or other inlay stuff surrounding it. Who keeps track of all this stuff, and why? The protocols of days gone by seem to still hold a standard in certain domains, such as weddings, anniversary's and 007 movies. I've always gone into observation mode during parties, never really being in the moment, but thinking about the artificial construct of people grouping together and then having a good time. I think it's called social anxiety disorder. I would like to just have fun, but there's way too much involved to make that happen, two of the boys have to be dropped off for safe housing, Jake will maintain his position in the basement in front of the TV, or better yet in my room watching some completely inappropriate movie I had bought home for myself and thought I hid well. Yes, the joy of our once a year outing it is upon us like a lead apron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home