Google

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

chopped liver

Today Gus graduated from middle school, jack was promoted from 5th grade to 6th, and Jake may have gone from 10th to 11th grade, depending on the way the wind blows. Gus received some awards during his 72 hour program. I busted out in tears when his teacher was sharing the this is your life moments of who the recipient was, and when she said this student read classics in his spare time, the waterworks became as relentless as Victoria falls.
As a student prior to college, I was lacking in very basic skills. I could read and write well but everything else was very fuzzy and inexact, which doesn't work well within the realm of math or science. There were no awards and during most any ceremony I was out back with my stoner friends smoking a blunt, a.k.a. doobie. So, any success on the boyos part is well received and over emoted.
At the start of the program, I had arrived before the old man to set out our tent and living supplies, Gus looked up at me and mouthed, "where's dad?" I replied with my pointer finger that he was coming toot suite. A few fempto seconds later, he asked again and I said " Hey, I'm here." Gus stared at me blankly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home