Google

Friday, May 26, 2006

It's tricky

You know perhaps starting a movie related conversation moments before your husband jumps into the car to get to work is not the best idea, though it did help me to coin a new phrase; mid-movie critique step-away. He was warbling about some aspect of The Dying Gaul, of which I'm sure I agreed, and then he started off to the drive. There was a lot to love about this movie, it's good to have a new John Malkovich cause we needed one bad, and Campbell Scott is most excellent at his job of smarmy movie exec. Then comes the jump the shark moment and it's all over xept the eye roll. There is a shortage on good endings. I think the end for all of us is a big question and that kind of transcends into the written word with crap endings galore. I hope it's not a trend to the end.
I had to watch a movie last night. My family was doing that thing where they interact in a negative way, get me involved, subsequently I engage Eamon, we get all crisp and taught with each other and then the kids start to knock on the door as if they were Larry, Curly and Mo and they're all better. Yet the Ol man and I are wrecked .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home