Google

Monday, May 15, 2006

Superhost

Grandma got run over by a reindeer, yes, well not really but I did sit in an audience with the astounding writer of that song. Somewhat non-descript he was. I had read about a showing of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Did I need to add Disney to that title? Anyway there was an ad in the paper that it was showing at one of the more regal theaters downtown, and it was to be an event. There were local celebs, the aforementioned pensmith and Dirt Devil giveaways. This was when Jake was around 4 and Gus 2, Jack was a mere quark on the horizon. It was a cold November night... It really was cold and my husband dropped us of in front of the marquee with the lights and crowds. The night is vivid.
Yesterday I was in a store returning yet another ill fitting skirt, and the song "The Happening" started to play. Herb Alpert did an instrumental and Diana Ross did vocals for the movie version. I was immediately on the tarmac getting into a TWA plane on my way to Turkey, and I was wearing a white newsboy cap and checked culottes. Jealous! 1969 it was. That's what a vivid moment in a song or a visual can do.
So, what I do know is that when my boyos see a dirt devil vacuum they'll be watching out for those reindeer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home