Google

Monday, May 08, 2006

Justify your love

My husband knows me well, even when he barely knew me. When I first met him, he was a friend of a friend. I was going on about music or some such and I mentioned how taken I was with Robert Palmer's Addicted to Love especially of course the video. He thought to himself (and wisely said nothing) that if I liked that song so much, surely I would be a fan of Bad Company or Free. Well I fucking didn't even know who they were so if he'd said that and revealed his love of 70's cheese rock, that would have been the end of that. I've also had to put up with him being a fan of Rush but for some reason, almost every significant other I've had loved Rush so that Prog-o-mania I'm used to and, I do a good/bad Geddy Lee to balance things out. If the Odd Couple was based exclusively on music, our early life together could be accompanied by the easily recognizable theme song. Fortunately over time we've gotten to be more alike in our tastes and as history will often show to be an accurate measure of the future, I've all of a sudden become enthralled with Paul Rodgers and Queen's collaboration, thusly his unstated thought from long ago has been justified!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home