Google

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Brimful of asha

Jake had his tonsils out at when he was nine. He'd been sick with throat and ear infections at least once a month from around the age of four. It was not an easy decision but he has really never been sick like that again, so I reckon we ended up doing the right thing on that one. Unfortunately, he had secondary issues after the surgery so he was really a mess for almost a week. The vivid picture of when things began to turn was when he was resting on the couch and I had turned on a Cornershop CD. I was going about my business, and the music was playing with the afternoon sun. I walked back into the room that he was in and saw that he had fallen asleep and his face wasn't all scrunched up as it had been for so many days. Of course I attribute that result to the music, just as I do for Gus who is full of allergies. Yesterday he was miserable, nothing was working from a medicine approach and he was not going for my neti pot . So, I had him come into my room and was telling stories and reading aloud. There was a pause in the action and WCSB was on in the background playing Early Buzzcock singles and various other British bands that had a nice edge and lots of vim when they were young and it was all so new. It was fast and loud and Gus fell asleep in the daylight hours for the first time since he was two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home