Google

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

hello it's me

There is nothing like seeing your handiwork. Jake started a job today, he's working serving food at an assisted living facility. He has said that he works well with "old people". I've not seen this but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief if it gives him some joy, responsibility, money and time away from here. He came home from school in a flurry, Jack and I had prepared by setting up some strategies and role-playing how we were going to act and what we would say to certain remarks, none of that worked. Anyway, he started to toss things about looking for his shoes, yelling at me about where they were, going up and down the stairs, slamming, swearing.
Now I know exactly what I look like when I'm anxious about going somewhere. It's a good lesson in humility .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home