Google

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The course of a lifetime

Gus is comfortable with his conservative views. At first I thought he may have been joking, or at least not very serious regarding his oppositional viewpoint. He's not. Gus is concerned with order and has a bit of the ocd, just enough to keep him out of our usual not so committed to anything like school or work mode. If I have to garner a guess, he'd be a compassionate conservative if there were such a thing.
We are more than what he calls us. He has said that we are liberals and I at least, am not even close. I'm going more for the anarchist in the Mother Jones school.
I have a great distaste for arbitrary authority and the like. I've always questioned the validity of our system and state of things. Try that at 10 when you're reading 1984 and people think you're having them on. This is why I've finally realized Gus is for real. When I was ten, I knew exactly how I felt and how I perceived politics and social consciousness. It was branded into me by genetics, professorial parents, and my individual nature. I also wanted to please my folks so they might pay me a bit of attention.
Gus is going up against our machine of conspiracy minded, dissolutioned and cynical repugnance. He's not doing it for attention because he knows where he stands. He's loved no matter how stupid he is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home