Google

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Johnny 99

Bruce Springsteen's first two albums were fantastic. After that it is all shit, though many would disagree and abuse me for the comment, but I'm allowed so I deserve my props on this one.
I guess he came to a crossroads with Born to Run and the devil won out. Here's the thing or the point if you will. I still sing the songs when they come over what ever system of music relay I'm being subjected to. I continue to know all of the words, to the one album that's ever played and it's not even stuff I like, but I sing nevertheless , and don't miss a pause or an utterance after 20 or more years. Sad. But cool that we, so many of us can do that without thinking about it, because once we do, then we get self conscious about singing shit songs and stop and hum or internalize the singing process.
I lament, and perhaps many of us do, my participation in stuff that I judge harshly. Last night Eamon wanted to eat out and won out on the choice. I am not a fan of chains or themes, but I am a fan of my marriage so there at times must be a compromise because baby we were born to run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home