Google

Friday, June 02, 2006

blow this

I'm not alarmed or surprised that people will act ways in a group that they would never do as an individual. I've been aware of this phenomenon from childhood , not just from a personal perspective, but growing up and learning of the Holocaust . My problem is I don't understand how it happens. I've seen the sheeple just follow blindly, but to the degree of killing or hurting people or animals I will never be able to relate.
When I was in high school , there was an event called Senior Day, it was inane and not very interesting, but there were two guys there who were dressed up in medical scrubs, they were out in "the courtyard" and had a chicken which they proceeded to try and decapitate.
People stood around silently, hundreds of them, I went over to them and screamed at them to stop and had to physically intervene.
Later people said, dozens of them, that they were so relieved that I had done that. I on the other hand spent many nights weeping and lamenting not getting involved more quickly. Of course you stop someone from doing awful shit. Even if the Supreme Court tells you not to. It doesn't feel righteous or grand, it's just totally fucking necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home