Google

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Never as tired as when I'm waking up

As if everything could ever change at some sort of pace that would be manageable.
We all should know better, or at least I should.
I did not want to like Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.  Though I did love Everything is Illuminated, so I should have had some faith.  But, the feel good about 9/11 vibe I was getting from the movie buzz,  kind of preempted my objective nature, and so I only ended up watching it because I had nothing else to do for a few hours, which actually translates to, I didn't want to fill out Gus's financial aid paperwork.
At the heart of the movie is loss.  I got lost in  just that aspect.  Knowing how many people suffered  because of whom ever, or what ever.  Regardless of all of the politics, the discussions, the interpretations, people lost their people.  The film not only takes on the very specific and central human aspect of the experience, but it kind of forgives those of us who either forgot or lost track.  That, and having a young character with the same similar traits as some of my family members was a bonus, if you call sobbing for two hours a plus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home