Google

Sunday, April 17, 2011

To last a lifetime

My entire family was here this weekend to go see Jack Henry in his high school production of the Wizard of Oz. He played the Monkey General and pulled it off in both a threatening and hilarious way. Bringing my Mom made me a little nervous in that I felt that at any minute she might jump on stage and join the chorus, or lead the band. But, she remained seated for the duration, only yelled and sang a couple of times and managed not to offend or scare anyone. A few days ago, Jack came home and told us his biology teacher had resigned because she was having a relationship with a student in one of her classes. That student is a member of the band that was playing last night. As I watched him, I thought about how for now and forever he would be known only for that experience. That whenever he runs into a classmate or is talked about, it would be for only one thing. I guess that's not uncommon, that we categorize or limit a person's volume, especially if we don't know them apart from what we know them for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home