Google

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

To lose my way

I think I got wrecked when I graduated from college. I didn't know what to do, I'd lost all of my anchors. My family had moved to California, I had no guidance and felt completely unmoored. I couldn't have put it that succinctly, but I was uncertain. What I wanted to do was to pursue my interest in film and music but I absolutely didn't know how to do that here.
And, when I think about it, we didn't have the tools and effortless ability to contact people, to look things up or to be part of a network like we can now. I'd like to think it would have been different if I had the resources to achieve something close to what I imagined, but I could also have easily gotten in my own way.
Watching both Jake and Gus navigate this precarious and vital time in their lives has brought it all back to the forefront.
I'm not lamenting my choices, Ive achieved a sense of purpose and place; I have love, kids, pets and friends, an outlet, a creative drive and all of that is being met. My concern really is how do I share the knowledge from here to there, from this place of experience to the other end of the spectrum, the one that can make or break us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home