Google

Thursday, August 28, 2008

And all the shit that went along with it

My friend got hit by a car when she was riding her vespa to work.
The previous day, she had been telling me about an intersection that she had to go through at which people never stopped at the stop signs and so she, who would have the right of way, would beep her little horn as she entered it from her vantage which was the right of way.
This is a woman who lost her sister last year and her mom the year before she's had it hard and she still manages to keep it in some sort of perspective.
When I called her this morning, to ask if she wanted me to come and visit, she did, but she added that she also wanted her Mother. Me and my cart stopped there in the grocery store and I leaned into it and cried with her on the phone, knowing exactly what that meant. It's the idea of Mom, or home, and whether that sucked or not, it's what we all want at some point or place no matter what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home