Google

Saturday, May 10, 2008

What the hell am I doing here

In 1969 when we went to Turkey for a year, our first stop was England, I changed into a nightgown on the plane because the flight was overnight. It was TWA and then there was Pan Am. After that, there were smaller airlines, Turkish, Greek and other off brands. Those planes rattled and their generic nature was obvious because there were no travel sized bottles of lotion in the bathrooms for me to have.
The new picture on the right is of me in front of the Parthenon. I'm not sullen though I may appear to be, what I'm actually doing is posing like a Greek statue, or perhaps Goddess. Look at that hair! In Turkey and Iran when the older women would grab me to take me to show their families behind walls or Persian rugs hanging, initially I would be scared but after the first time, I found out that all they wanted to do was touch my head, because the hair color was other worldly in that place. Imagine, me being the item of interest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home