Google

Monday, February 25, 2008

What I've already had

I'm medicated and pretty bland this week, hence the lack of postings. I have little to say that I am thinking mostly about Spring and what goes along with that.
When my family moved here when I was two we started what would be come a forty year tradition by going to Burton for a pancake breakfast at the Fire Station.
When Jake was just a few months old, the three of us, went for the first time together and reignited what is really one of the only traditions that has no religious basis that lives on with my family. I've convinced others to come with us, and wait in the lately diminished line, watch the fire chief do magic tricks and then go up the stairs to the vast dining room and eat way too many buckwheat pancakes. There really is very little to it and I think my friends expect it to be something with a little more kick.
What Burton is to me, is one of the few memories of a pleasant and simple experience. Nothing more; which makes it a rare thing indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home