Google

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Long time passing

So, Eamon is here, in bed, much worse off than I am health wise, and we sit on different floors, me stenciling brownies with powdered sugar hearts, he watching bad daytime tv. Both of us know the other is here, and it's rare that there is not a conversation going on, I appreciate that it's not a usual thing and the silence, besides for the furnace kicking in, the dryer and Griffin making his rounds, is unusual.
My mind has been on just a few things of late, getting used to being middle aged and what to do with the next portion of time. For the first, I know that we all have an image of what we think we look like, and then there's the reality. It helps to see people you've known for a long time and if they've been absent for many years, because the shock of how old they look, is mutual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home