Google

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I have found

Jack is being bullied at school, and for that I'm worried that he may come to the turning point. That place in which you lose your exuberance for life, or allow the world to come in and totally fuck with you. That is when, whatever inkling that you felt of the world maybe taking care of you, becomes so diminished that for awhile the darkness descends; or maybe not. He's not me and I don't want to personalize or internalize everything that happens to members of my family, but there is no way that I can allow that kind of trouble in this little man's life. I don't know how to teach kids how not to be bullied, but I do know what it means to have someone be an advocate and remind you that middle school is a small institutional setting that makes for uneasy alliances and casual brutality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home