Google

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

My troubles all away

All of my favorite loved ones have left the library and gone on to bigger and better jobs. I don't want a bigger or better job, I just want not to have to say goodbye to all of the people that make going to work more enjoyable and somewhat fun.

I will still love what I do, even with the drunk guy who fell on my desk as he was trying to ask me a question at 2:00 in the afternoon. Even with the men who watch us walk across the floor or ask for help on their computers so they can glimpse a look down my shirt. Regardless of all of the gross elements of working in a public setting; I don't mind it.

The loyalty you feel for the organization for which you work is challenged when they are compelled to keep people moving from one building to another, one begins to feel disenfranchised and less apt to do as much because there is nothing to prove, and no one particular person to impress. I value friendship and love more than career, and that is indeed why my situation is such, grey and bleak; at least for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home