Google

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Pointless passing

The eyes have it.
I think we are finally done with this seasons difficulty that will forever be labeled "doctors don't know shit".
Otherwise, as the end of 2007 approaches, I always reflect on the preceding year, and for once, there are very few regrets, perhaps not having gotten the restylane, but otherwise no. Jake has done very well in school this quarter, and that's an enormous relief to him. For me, it means that he has reached a developmental stage that has finally allowed him to do his schoolwork and make connections that he hadn't been able to in the past. On one level, I could say that maybe he's now just applying himself, but really, if you can't figure out how that would matter, it's not going to happen. So, in many ways, various and specific, I'm glad he spent 9 months away because I think there was a paradigm shift; for all of us.
Jack asked me if I was a good student in school; I immediately pointed out that there was some Halloween candy left, and if he wanted some he was welcome to it. Now, I don't know how long I can keep that up, I've said it before, I wasn't a competent student until college and I have admitted that to the boys, but lucky for me, the tv must have been on, and it was time for The Simpsons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home