Google

Monday, November 26, 2007

Stumble in my footsteps

I have to lead a book discussion on Jeannette Walls' The Glass Castle. I cannot even begin to articulate how much I hate this book. There are probably various reasons for this level of distaste, but the major reason is that; I have equally unbalanced and irrational parents and grew up in a state of chaos and confusion and didn't come out a successful writer or even much of a successful adult for that matter.
What I did learn to do was settle for peace and a sense of responsibility for myself my husband and my children and regard that as good as it can get.
Not much to aspire to one might think, but if you make it out of a household that brought you suffering and pain that still shades almost every experience, and don't repeat it by imposing it on the next generation, then it really an achievement without rival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home